Monday, January 22, 2007

Resolution Time

I haven't really thought too much about 'new year's resolutions' for 2007. In previous years, I had a definite list of improvements to action before the year prior had even ended, but it hasn't been the case this year. I don't really believe in strict resolution guidelines... it's usually more just a general list of 'things I'd like to do better next year'. Anyway, working on the theory that there are always things to improve, this is my 'do better' list for 2007:

* Aim for a more balanced life ~ less crazy hours and stress levels on the work front, more time for the things I enjoy doing
* Learn to say no
* Eat better and exercise more, be happier and healthier
* Be more organised when it comes to birthday presents and cards. Actually put them in the post, rather than staring at them for months after the person's birthday. If, due to extenuating circumstances, I'm not going to be able to get them there on time, call/email the person on their birthday anyway
* Call or email friends and family more often
* Spend more time with friends and family
* Update our home with a new couch and soft furnishings so we enjoy our home more. Try to make some of the 'decor' so that it's more meaningful.
* Go to Fiji
* Buy new clothes occasionally so we feel a bit more fashionable
* Be more philanthropic. Find a charity that means something special to us and donate our time and/or money to a good cause.
* Write more and read more.
* Take more photos and get them printed. Finish our travel albums.

Hmm, it's funny how quickly the list items pile up when you start... Well, here they are, for all to see. I wonder how I'll go.

No comments: